Option 1: Personal Resilience
Listen to (excerpt from 5:05-13:15)
- Nataly Kogan speaks to the importance of building a strong, emotional well-being. What does this mean to you and how does cultivating one impact your performance at work?
- Do you agree with the idea that “happiness” is a skill? Are there other emotions and feelings (e.g. mindfulness) that you think are equally, if not more important for navigating uncertain times?
- Kogan mentions that practicing gratitude is important. What are you grateful for and how might you implement a daily ritual of gratitude?
- If this is already built into your routine, what changes do you want to make to help you nurture and evolve your leadership mindset?
Option 2: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
Read the Article:
- Can you narrow down which aspect of your role/job search is causing you impostor syndrome, or is it an overall feeling of discomfort? Are you able to unpack that feeling?
- What are the facts about your career and what are the stories you’ve been believing? How do they differ?
- What reminders could you put in place to remind yourself of your worth?
Other Resources You Might Like
Option 3: Advocating for Yourself
Watch the video:
- Answer the questions in the presenter’s exercise from 4:30-18:00.
- Share your brand statements with your Squad
- Have you had moments in networking when you struggled to explain to people what you do, or want to do?
- How confident were you about your brand statement before using this exercise?
- What are the main points about your brand that you want to make sure other people know immediately?
- Is your brand statement not the only thing that makes you anxious about networking? Read this article:
Constructive Conflict, Accountability, and Feedback
Watch the Video:
You can watch the excerpted video in its entirety (~12 minutes)
- How often do you experience conflict during a typical work week?
- What do you find most challenging about working through conflict?
- What changes could you make to your leadership style to facilitate constructive conflict?
- How might you lean into conflict to find innovative solutions?
- Do you have experience coaching team members through conflict? If so, what advice did you give them?