Prepare for Your Hot Topic Discussion
Look at the list resource for each topic. As you watch, listen, or read through the suggested resource, jot down your thoughts and observations. You can also use the reflection questions below to guide your thinking.
During your Squad meeting, take time to share what you learned. Work together with your Squad to find ways to apply what you’ve learned to your professional life.
For Additional Guidance
We welcome you to register for upcoming Roundtables in our Entrepreneurs program. Work together with your Squad to find ways to apply what you’ve learned to growing your businesses.
Topic 1: Building Your Brand (You Are Your Business)
Watch the Video: Building Your Brand
We recommend the excerpt from 18:00 to 40:00
- What is one thing you might change in order to position your business more effectively?
- What are you most unsure about when it comes to building your business brand? What might help you overcome that uncertainty?
- What are three action items you can define and accomplish in the next 30 days?
Topic 2: Managing Your Time to Make Moves for Your Business
Watch the Video: The CEO Do-Set
We recommend the excerpt from 08:00 to 21:00
- What might you improve in your mindset to improve your leadership abilities? How might a change to your mindset help you manage your time effectively?
- What is a task that you avoid doing for your business? How would spending time on that task help you grow your business? What might you do to make completing that task a habit?
- What are some best practices you have for managing your time? How might you improve your time management to make your business more successful?
- Where are you making moves to grow your business? Where are you simply in motion?
Topic 3: Strengthening Your Marketing Plan
Watch the Video: Your 2X Marketing Plan
We recommend the excerpt from 15:00 to 28:00
- What can you do now to ensure you’re setting yourself up for success both near-term and long-term? What’s your marketing plan/strategy for next quarter? Next year?
- What are your biggest blockers in creating compelling content for your customers/clients? What might you do differently to better market your products/services?
- What can you do in the next 30 days to help you reach a marketing or revenue goal?
Topic 4: Balancing career and caregiving at home
Listen to the Podcast: Supporting Caregivers & Re-entering the Workforce After a Career Break (Episode 351)
- We sit down with Natalia Ball and Molly McAllister to discuss the importance of representation in leadership, normalizing parental leave for all, and how pets change the world.
- What are some ways that you as a leader try to support parents and caregivers that have returned to work
- How do you navigate conversations with other employees to role model how they can support caregivers on your team?
- How do you make sure that parents/caregivers on your team feel safe when speaking to you about personal situations that may affect their work schedule? How do you make accommodations so that they can be successful in their roles at work and at home?