Prepare for your Hot Topic Discussion
Look at the list resource for each topic. As you watch, listen, or read through the suggested resource, jot down your thoughts and observations. You can also use the reflection questions below to guide your thinking.
During your Squad meeting, take time to share what you learned. Work together with your Squad to find ways to apply what you’ve learned to your professional life.
For Additional Guidance
We welcome you to register for upcoming Roundtables. You’ll get to expand your network and get additional guidance on best practices for advancing your career.
Topic 1: Diving Into Your Membership (Ellevate 101)
Watch the video: Ellevate 101: New Member Welcome and Information Session
- How has Ellevate supported your career changing goals?
- What are specific challenges that you have turned to Ellevate for - and in what ways? (Squads, Roundtables, etc.)
- What is still confusing to you when it comes to programs, or other parts of Ellevate in general?
During Your Squads Meeting
Share your your favorite Ellevate experiences so far with your Squad. Talk about what made you join, and what you’re looking forward to getting out of your membership.
Topic 2: How to Confidently Tell People “What You Do” and be Remembered
Watch the video: Workshop: How to Confidently Tell People “What You Do” and Be Remembered
- Answer the questions in the presenter’s exercise from 4:30-18:00.
- Share your brand statements with your Squad
- Have you had moments in networking when you struggled to explain to people what you do, or want to do?
- How confident were you about your brand statement before using this exercise?
- What are the main points about your brand that you want to make sure other people know immediately?
Is your brand statement not the only thing that makes you anxious about networking? Read this article: Six Secrets for Networking Success
Topic 3: Committing to Making a Change
Watch the video: Career Changers Roundtable: Your Next Move Starts With YOU!
- Use the STAR method (starting at 8:55) to reflect on your achievements, experience, and transferable skills.
- Share your STAR results with your Squad.
- What was the moment where you realized you had to make a career change?
- Are you still struggling with making the jump? What’s holding you back?
- What are some things you want to prioritize to get yourself in the right mindset for the change?
Article: Use Intuition to Guide Your Career Moves
Topic 4: Career Changes & How to Rock Them
Watch the video: Workshop: Fall in Love With Mondays Again: Career Changes & How to Rock Them
- Do an assessment of your values (starting at 16:34-20:35).
- Follow the Champion’s Mindset (starting at 28:35)
- Share what you learned with your Squad.
- Was it difficult to choose the values that were most important?
- Are you living/working in those values currently?
- When you visualize yourself accomplishing your goals, does anything look different than you expected?
Article: Want the Career of Your Dreams? See it First