Prepare for your Hot Topic Discussion
Look at the list resource for each topic. As you watch, listen, or read through the suggested resource, jot down your thoughts and observations. You can also use the reflection questions below to guide your thinking.
During your Squad meeting, take time to share what you learned. Work together with your Squad to find ways to apply what you’ve learned to your professional life.
For Additional Guidance
We welcome you to register for upcoming Roundtables in our Rising Leaders program. You’ll get to expand your network and get additional guidance on best practices for advancing your career.
Topic 1: Setting Boundaries at Work
Read the Article: How to Confidently Say "No" At Work
- What is a boundary you need to put in place at work/in your job search?
- What is keeping you from setting the boundaries you need?
- Is there anyone you might be able to lean on in establishing boundaries?
Topic 2: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
Read the Article: Overcome Imposter Syndrome With This Winning Poker Strategy
- Can you narrow down which aspect of your role/job search is causing you impostor syndrome, or is it an overall feeling of discomfort? Are you able to unpack that feeling?
- What are the facts about your career and what are the stories you’ve been believing? How do they differ?
- What reminders could you put in place to remind yourself of your worth?
Topic 3: Raising Your Visibility
- What skills do you bring to the table that your managers/interviewers don’t know about?
- Are there skills you want to develop? How might you go about tackling those?
- Is there additional feedback you could be asking for?
Topic 4: Balancing career and caregiving at home
Listen to the Podcast: Supporting Caregivers & Re-entering the Workforce After a Career Break (Episode 351)
- We sit down with Natalia Ball and Molly McAllister to discuss the importance of representation in leadership, normalizing parental leave for all, and how pets change the world.
- What are some ways that you as a leader try to support parents and caregivers that have returned to work
- How do you navigate conversations with other employees to role model how they can support caregivers on your team?
- How do you make sure that parents/caregivers on your team feel safe when speaking to you about personal situations that may affect their work schedule? How do you make accommodations so that they can be successful in their roles at work and at home?