The Secret to Building Insanely Great Teams (Spoiler: It’s Diversity)
Listen or Read: Embracing the Power of Diversity with Lauren Leader-Chivée (25:45 - 31:25)
- Have you ever experienced being part of a diverse team? How did this affect your thinking and actions at work?
- How diverse are your workplace circles in your company?
- Has diversity and inclusion ever come up in discussions in your workplace? How did your company respond? How did you react?
- How can a diverse teams make a positive impact in your work environment?
How to Increase Employee Engagement
- What has driven you to be engaged or disengaged at work?
- Where have you seen meaning and purpose successfully integrated into the workplace?
- What are ways you have tried to understand your employee’s passion and goals?
- How have you shown your support to your employees?
Honing your Mentorship Skills
Read: The 2 Most Important Factors In Building A Successful Mentor/Mentee Relationship
- Have you mentored before? Was it a formal relationship, or more of an informal setup for casual/occasional advice?
- If you have a formal relationship, share a piece of advice for checking in with your mentee. How do you keep up with them?
- How do you communicate with your mentee? Is it digital or in person? What works best with you?
- What have you gained from your experience mentoring people? How can you apply the factors from the article to your skills?
Listen or Read: Changing A Company’s Culture, with Nellie Borrero (7:16 - 13:51)
- When considering an organizational change - whether it's a new fitness program, or a major shift in staffing - how does your company culture factor in?
- How do you bring up the conversation of changing your workplace culture?
- What are some takeaways from the conversation with Nellie Borrero?
- Did any advice or experience she mentioned resonate with you?
Leadership Through Adversity
Listen or Read: Advancing Women’s Leadership with Miriam Grobman (19:30-22:34)
- Are there many women in leadership positions in your workplace? If not, does the topic of the gender gap ever come up?
- How do you support other women to become leaders?
- What are the gender differences in your workplace?
- When you make an executive decision and face backlash, how do you respond? Do you feel like your leadership decisions are judged differently than those men make?